NC od PVDF?

Wolfgang Schechinger wolfsc at ibms.sinica.edu.tw
Tue Jan 15 20:31:31 EST 2002

Dear Dima, Michael and Kyle, thanks for your suggestions. I meanwhile solved
the problem by a means of 'classical' chemistr i.e. setting on fire. NC
flashed off nicely, while PVDF doesn't like to do that and just burns
with a sooty (word?) flame. So the PVDF labelled material at least is not NC
;-)

Regards,
Wo

> On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, D.K. wrote:
>
> > wolfsc at ibms.sinica.edu.tw ("Wolfgang Schechinger") wrote:
> > >I got a box labelled "Millipore PVDF mebranes", but someone added "NC paper"
> > >in writing. The membrane itself is not labelled in any way.
> > >
> > >Since I am suspicious now (though I was assured that there PVDF inside), I'd
> > >like to know if there is a way to find out quickly what i really got.
> > >
> > Deep it in water. NC will get wet, PVDF will remain dry
> > (that's why PVDF is wetted in methanol before blotting).
> >
> Also, if you dip NC membranes in 100% methanol it will turn into something
> you won't want to use any longer.

> legatek at mcmaster.ca		Kyle Legate            legatek at hotmail.com
>
>    Tower of Tongues:Thursday PM:10:30-11:30 EDT:http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca
>     moon musick:ritual:IDM:experimental(electronica):minimalism:glitch

-----
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger
Institute of Biomedical Sciences
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan R.o.C.