Smeared Western Samples

Richard P. Grant rpg14 at
Fri Jan 18 05:26:41 EST 2002

In article <20020118100426.16386.qmail at>,
 Sophie <sweiss at> wrote:

> I have found out the real reason for my rubbish, smeared western blot
> results. The acrylamide had gone off. I don't think the acrylamide
> polymerised properly so my protein was getting stuck to the gel instead of
> migrating as a uniform band.

You got good results with new acrylamide, then?

When I was but a slip of a lad, my supervisor told me 'AMPS doesn't go
off!' when we had problems getting gels to set.

Of course, it didn't take me long to realize the terrible, dreadful

Richard P. Grant  0x5F9559B1                         MRC Lab of Mol Biol
rpg 'at'
               -- 'There's your answer, Fishbob!' --