1/5X TE for long term storage of genomic DNA

Andre arellano4 at llnl.gov
Mon Jan 21 17:17:11 EST 2002

I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience
with the long term storage stability of isolated genomic DNA
in Tris buffers with less than the "canonical" 10mM Tris, 1mM EDTA.

I am trying to reduce the effect that the TE in my
oligo and DNA stocks has on the overall pH and buffer
concentrations of my Real Time PCR reactions
for the ABI7900, while still maintaining some of the
buffering benefits of the Tris.

Ideally, I would like to resuspend and store the DNA and oligos long term in
1/5X TE (2mM Tris, 1mM EDTA)

What do you think?

Thanks!

Andre