Trizol

Geneboy Fiction at oz.net
Tue Jan 29 22:40:57 EST 2002

"Bertrand Collet" <b.collet at abdn.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:3C4EA5DB.A646D6D6 at abdn.ac.uk...
> Hi all,
>
> Is there anybody who uses Trizol to purify RNA, DNA and protein from the
> same tissue sample ? What about yield and purity of proteins and DNA ?
> (I have used it only for RNA extraction). And last question: Is it
> possible to use it on  blood ?

Hi Bertrand,

I use TriZol for RNA preps from mouse brain, and I've also gotten DNA out of
the remaining fraction. It looks quite good, and is suitable for PCR. Be
careful to remove traces of the upper fraction before you start though, or
you'll get RNA contamination. Haven't tried a protein prep.

hth

Chris