Trizol

Krzysztof W. Wasowicz wasowicz at uwm.edu.pl
Wed Jan 30 03:19:12 EST 2002

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:00:27 +0000, Bertrand Collet
<b.collet at abdn.ac.uk> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Is there anybody who uses Trizol to purify RNA, DNA and protein from the
>same tissue sample ? What about yield and purity of proteins and DNA ?
>(I have used it only for RNA extraction). And last question: Is it
>possible to use it on  blood ?
>
>Thanks for you help,
>
>Bertrand
>
>--
>Dr Bertrand Collet
>Fish immunology group
>Zoology Department
>Tillydrone avenue
>Aberdeen AB24 2TZ
>Scotland - UK
>
>Tel (office): (+44)(0)(1224)27 3796
>Tel (lab): (+44)(0)(1224)27 2870
>Fax: (+44)(0)(1224)27 2396

I adopted a method described in TRIZOL leaflet to isolate RNA, DNA and
proteins from my samples done with a classical Chomczynski & Sacchi
method. RNA and proteins look good (I didn't try DNA). RT-PCR and
signal for choline acetyltransferase in immunoblot was OK.

Krzysztof W. Wasowicz
Department of Animal Anatomy
University of Warmia & Mazury
ul. Oczapowskiego 13 (Bldg. 105J)