Which cross-linking reagent?

Ricky Boernke ricky_boernke at gmx.net
Wed Jan 30 06:55:12 EST 2002

Dear Newsgroup,

we would like to cross-link a bait protein expressed in
Arabidopsis to potential binding partners and subsequently
purify the complex using our protein as a tag.
However, we are quiete unsure which cross-linking reagent
we should use for this purpose. The Pierce catalogue offers
quiete a few different types and I would suppose they are all
suited for different purposes. Is there anything like a
guide to protein cross-linking? I couldn't find anything more
general. If anybody could point me into the right direction?

Cheers
Ricky