G418 selection in HEK293 cells.

Zhonglin Chai Zhonglin.Chai at baker.edu.au
Wed Jan 30 20:38:31 EST 2002

Hello There,

I wonder what concentration of G418 is optimal or used to select
transfected HEK293 cells? I have not had a chance to test various
concentrations, but 400 ug/mL (working fine with HeLa cells) did not
seem to kill my cells after a week. Your personal experience and
suggestions will be mostly appreciated.

The Best Regards.

Zhonglin Chai, PhD

Molecular Hypertension Laboratory
Baker Medical Research Institute
P.O. Box 6492
St.Kilda Road
Central Melbourne
Vic 8008, Australia
Telephone: +61 3, 8532 1231
mobile : 0413 58 1940, or international +61, 413 58 1940
Fax: +61 3, 8532 1100
email: zhonglin.chai at baker.edu.au

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com