tobacco roots nuclei extracts

Michael Witty mw132 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 31 11:41:58 EST 2002

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 tbutter at gwdg.de wrote:

> Hello...
> Does anybody have a receipe for nuclei extraction from tobacco roots? I
> got some problems with the starch  which is around. Always there are
> some nuclei covered with a lot of slime.
> Or got somebody an idea to get rid of this?

when I was isolating tobacco leaf chloroplasts advise given to me was to
keep the leaves overnight in the dark so that starch was consumed.  Maybe
you could do the same with the roots?

Or maybe you need to wash the roots extensively to get rid of the root cap
mucilage before extraction.

Why do you want ROOT nuclei?  Regards, Mike.