extremely low copy number plasmid

Kyle Legate legatek at mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca
Thu Jan 31 20:30:16 EST 2002

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Trond Erik Vee Aune wrote:

> > I would appreciate any suggestions. I am working with a plasmid that is
> > in extremely low copy number. Lately we have been trying to increase the
> > yeild of our preps. Normal mini-preps give us nothing - no visible

You can amplify with chloramphenicol, like the previous poster suggested,
or you can amplify with spectinomycin (50ug/ml) for several hours before
harvesting the bugs. Both drugs serve to maximize production of your
plasmid.

legatek at mcmaster.ca		Kyle Legate            legatek at hotmail.com

   Tower of Tongues:Thursday PM:10:30-11:30 EDT:http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca
    moon musick:ritual:IDM:experimental(electronica):minimalism:glitch