Freeze Gel to get DNA

Peter Cherepanov peter.cherepanov at uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon Jul 1 05:18:34 EST 2002

It works very well.
Especially when you do not need to have too much DNA, as it is in your case.
Longer fragments tend to have lower yields, of course.
I usually ethanol-precipitate the fragments to be re-amplified, and check
them on gel before doing the PCR (if I have time for that).

BTW you do not need to gel-purify your PCR fragments to be connected if they
are not part of one DNA molecule in the original template DNA. But, if you
are busy mutagenesis, then you have to be carefull to purify them very well
from the original DNA, or will end up with WT clones only.

Peter

---