already stained and dried

JW no.address at this.time
Mon Jul 1 23:52:28 EST 2002

I have electrophoresed, stained with coomassie blue, destained, and dried a
9% SDS Polyacrylamide Gel.  Now the samples I see are interesting and I
would like to excise particular protein bands, elute them from the gel, do
SDS-PAGE, then a Western Blot.  It would save a lot of time to be able to
just re-hydrate the dried gel, elute the protein bands of interest, and do
this.  Is this possible with a stained and dried gel?   Does anyone have
experience with such a procedure, (if one is possible)?

Thanks in advance.