RNA extraction from pancreas

Daniel s010867 at mailserv.cuhk.edu.hk
Tue Jul 2 04:35:36 EST 2002

Hi all,

I have a question on rna extraction from pancreas and is there anybody
has experience on isolating rna from rat pancreas using trizol reagent.
I find that really difficult because a lot of "white matter" other than
normal jelly like colorless rna pellet obtained from this method. I
wonder if this related to the alkaline nature of the rat pancreas since
the principle of trizol reagent related to acidic phenol.......
Can anyone offer me some comments and suggestions on that?? million
thanks

Daniel

---