Rhizobium Genomic DNA Extraction

Gerd Nilsen gerdn at ibg.uit.no
Mon Jul 22 09:09:27 EST 2002

Extracting DNA for PCR have always been a waste of time.

make your PCR mix
take a yellow tip
dip the yellow tip into a fresh colony of your rhizobium
stir the same tip in your PCR mix
close the PCR tube, put it into the PCR machine,
start your programme
which should include 5 min at 95 C to at the start.
Alternatively you could do the 5 min 95 C before adding the Taq.
It's imortant to have fresh culture (not more than maybe a week since
plating)
Good luck.