Dye Primers

Deanne Bell dbell at fresno.ars.usda.gov
Mon Jul 22 10:13:00 EST 2002

:-----Original Message-----
:From: Brian [mailto:shopscifi at yahoo.co.uk]
:In addition to this request, does any one know of the NED dye used on
:primers, or can point me in the correct direction?

:> Does any one know of a company that produces dye primers (m13 or
:> custom) that has dyes compatible with ABIs 3100 sequencer, the custom
:> dye primers ABI produce are not compatable

Hi Brian
I have a 310 and am using it for fragment analysis.  I may be able to help but I am not sure what you mean:
"the custom dye primers ABI produce are not compatable" - compatible with what??
What technique are you using??  Have you spoken to a tech person at ABI or tried to order custom primers from Perkin Elmer??

" does any one know of the NED dye" - yes, I know of the NED dye, but what kind of information do you want to know about NED???  Do you want to know if some other company makes primers with NED?  I beleive that PE has the proprietary ownership of most of those dyes!!

Hope this helps
Deanne Bell
USDA Agricultural Research Service
9611 South Riverbend Avenue