MODY4 gene

Elisabet Einarsdottir elisabet.einarsdottir at ucmm.umu.se
Thu Jul 25 03:00:33 EST 2002

Thank you for the tips Emir!
I have tried several different DNA templates, and in various amounts
(ranging from a lot, to a few ng). The DNA should be very pure, prepared
using phenol/chloroform. I have tried 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0mM magnecium
concentrations, I have tried gradient PCR (from 44 to 68, the AT is
calculated to be ca 56), and have tried nested PCRs. The sequence to be
amplified is not so long, only around 400bp.
But I will check the GC content of the gene, and try varying the PCR
programs. If that still does not work, I'll look into the kit you
recommended.
Thanks,

Elisabet E

"Emir Khatipov" <khatipovNO at NOuchicago.edu> wrote in message
news:MuA%8.11$X4.2494 at news.uchicago.edu...
> Your "ample template DNA" sounds suspicious. Did you try varying template
DNA concentration? You don't need a lot. What else except checking the
sequence and redesigning primers did you try? Magnesium concentration, other
"tricks"? How long is the sequence? Did you try amplifying a portion of the
gene (another set of primers for internal sequence)? Did you try varying a
program? Is the gene much different in GC content? Etc, etc, etc. I think
Epicentre (.com - no affiliation) sells a FailSafe PCR kit that includes