RNase-free water

Michael L. Sullivan mlsulliv at facstaff.wisc.edu
Fri Jul 26 14:32:15 EST 2002

I've found that water processed with a well-maintained MilliQ system
is RNAse free without any further treatment.  If you don't have a
comparable water treatment system, you could perhaps find a collegue
who does and get your "RNase-free" water from him or her.

>we regularly treat deionized water with 0.01% DEPC to render it
>RNase-free. Yet, we are also aware that DEPC residues can modify
>nucleic acids. So we are looking for alternatives to DEPC-treatment.
>Is passing water through a 0.2-µ filter disk a safe way to eliminate RNases?

Michael L. Sullivan,
U.S. Dairy Forage Research Center
1925 Linden Drive West
Madison WI, 53706