RNase-free water

Duncan Clark junk at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Tue Jul 30 05:24:25 EST 2002

Historians believe that in newspost
<1027954167.3d4555f7f203e at webmail.nmsu.edu> on Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Dr.
Hiranya S. Roychowdhury <hroychow at nmsu.edu> penned the following
literary masterpiece:
>Quoting Michael Witty <mw132 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk>:

>> > Presumably you are autoclaving it which if so does not leave anything
>> > other than ethanol behind. If you do not autoclave then that level of
>> > DEPC could certainly cause problems.
>> >
>> > Duncan
>>

>Duncan, do you believe that etoh will be "left behind" aftr autoclavng?

Note to self, never make statements.

Having said that what does happen to Ethanol/ethanol vapour when
autoclaved. I can't remember my chemistry from many many years ago.

For more info. on the vagaries of DEPC check out:

http://www.ambion.com/techlib/tb/tb_178.html.

Duncan
they go flying by.

Duncan Clark