Swiss 3T3

Andrés adekanty at leloir.org.ar
Mon Jun 3 16:20:12 EST 2002

I am currently trying to transfect Swiss 3T3 cells and would like any
information regarding methods/reagents that give the highest
transfection
efficiency in this cell type. To date I have tried calcium phosphate
method and others like Superfect and effectine transfection reagent
(from Qiagen) which gives very low evels (1-5%). Other people have
used a lipid-based method (such as lipofection, lipofectamin) which
yield higher
results in other cell types, however, it didn't work in swiss 3T3.
Then, any suggestions for transfection methods would be great.

Thank you.  Andres.
Leloir Institute, Buenos Aires, Argentina.