transformation problem

SerAln SerREMIVETHISAln at netscape.net
Wed Jun 12 10:35:36 EST 2002

Are you sure that band is a oc form?.
A possible explanation would be that one of the enzymes is not cutting properly
on the vector or on the insert, and what you get is the ligation product of two
vectors, two inserts or vector+insert (linearized). As you are not getting any
religated vector I would say that the vector restriction sites are OK. Check the
sites on the insert.
If everything seems to be OK, I would start to think on toxicity problems of the
cloned protein...
Sergio