Vector maps drawing

Duncan Clark junk at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Fri Jun 14 08:07:26 EST 2002

Historians believe that in newspost
<aecm0r$h6t$1 at mlucom4.urz.uni-halle.de> on Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Mitko
<dushkov at ipk-gatersleben.de> penned the following literary masterpiece:
>Does anybody know user-friendly software for drawing vector maps, which do
>not require entering the complete sequence of the vector but only the
>positions of the restrictions sites, genes and features?  Preferably a
>freeware ;-)

Don't know about freeware but CloneMap (CGC Scientific
http://www.cgcsci.com/cminfo.shtml) will work with or without sequence.
Different versions for Mac and Windows and it will work with Win2K. Odd
quirks but it does generate nice maps that can be pulled into MsWord
etc. For academia from USD145-195.

Just a user for three years.

Duncan
they go flying by.