GFX PCR Kit - Problems

sfrye at operamail.com sfrye at operamail.com
Tue Jun 18 07:12:30 EST 2002

Hi,

We recently experienced terrible problems with some simple cloning in
our lab. After the ligation the vector controls came up with
unreasonable high number of colonies, sometimes more than in the
positive sample. In addition the number of positive clones carrying
the insert was very low, something like one in 48.
After changing the purification method for all the DNAs from GFX PCR
Kit (Pharmacia) to QiaExII (Qiagen) allmost 100% of the transformants
were positiv and carry the insert.
I'm now interested if other people experienced the same problems and I
would like to know possible reasons for the problems we experienced.

Thanks for your feedback in advance.

Stephan Frye
mailto:sfrye at operamail.com