Southern,DIG

Michael L. Sullivan mlsulliv at facstaff.wisc.edu
Tue Jun 18 08:37:46 EST 2002

I think radioactivity is probably still the most sensitive, if one is
set up to use it.  I too have recently detected single copy genes in
alfalfa.  I used only 1 ug of DNA with a random primed DNA probe.  I
can only imagine that a riboprobe (which generally give 3-10 fold
higher signals) would work even better.

Mike

--

Michael L. Sullivan,