A comparison between AgeI and BshTI

Duncan Clark junk at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Jun 20 06:35:29 EST 2002

Historians believe that in newspost
<3D11AC6C.4020900 at chembio.REMOVETHISBEFOREREPLYING.ntnu.no> on Thu, 20
Jun 2002, Trond Erik Vee Aune
<trondaun at chembio.REMOVETHISBEFOREREPLYING.ntnu.no> penned the following
literary masterpiece:
>The database could only list those enzymes commercially available (the
>others are of no interest in this context), and it doesn't have to be
>complete with all enzymes at the beginning. Only when someone has
>specific experiences with a particular enzyme shuld it be added to the
>list. Optimally users could themselves add detailed comments to each
>enzyme. At least such a database would be very useful to inexperienced
>cloners...
>
>I'll give you an URL to a prototype of such a database when I've made it...

Then talk to Rich Roberts at NEB and ask if he can put an extra addition
to REBASE. NEB co-ordinate all RE data (you can't have people naming
different enzymes the same etc.) and that is the best place to have such
info. If you need an e-mail address for Rich, let me know.

Duncan
they go flying by.

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.