A comparison between AgeI and BshTI

Duncan Clark junk at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Jun 20 07:57:56 EST 2002

Historians believe that in newspost
<3D11BF29.6060503 at chembio.REMOVETHISBEFOREREPLYING.ntnu.no> on Thu, 20
Jun 2002, Trond Erik Vee Aune
<trondaun at chembio.REMOVETHISBEFOREREPLYING.ntnu.no> penned the following
literary masterpiece:
>But would an employee at NEB make a database with comparisons of
>different enzymes from different manufacturers?

Ask Rich, but he isn't just a standard employee. A bit higher than that
as a literature search would find or even Nobel prize winner lists would
find :-))

I don't think NEB would worry unduly, given their market share. REBASE
does have full lists which show all competitor products, all RE's and
who sells them etc. etc.

If you don't ask you will never know.

Alternatively publish and have peer reviewed your Age I  and BshT I
results, similar to those published for EcoR V and Eco32 I in the June
Biotechniques. What you have to determine is that it isn't just one
batch of Age I that is giving problems but all batches, from all
suppliers, such that it is a characteristic if the enzyme itself etc..

Duncan
they go flying by.

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.