PCR machine recommendations

Allen Sylvester asylvester at msa-stoneville.ars.usda.gov
Fri Jun 21 11:24:21 EST 2002

Emir,

We just bought a PTC-0200 DNA Engine from MJ Research.  It has a single bay with several interchangeable blocks (Alpha units).  We got one block for 96 well plates (or 0.2 ml tubes) with a temperature gradient capability and another with dual 48 0.2 ml blocks that can be programmed independently (i.e. 2 "machines").  It costs a little more than one-half as much as the Dyad for the "chassis" and uses the same Alpha units.  It works fine so far.
We also have 2 PTC-100s with Hot Bonnets from MJ Research which we have had for about 6 years.  One has never had any problems and the other has been back to the shop about every 2 years, but works fine otherwise.

No affiliation with MJ Research, just a satisfied user.

Allen
H. Allen Sylvester
USDA, ARS, Honey Bee Lab
Baton Rouge, LA USA

>>> "Emir Khatipov" <khatipovNO at NOuchicago.edu> 06/20/02 11:52AM >>>

Michael,
Where did you look for those minicylers (with "hot bonnets")?
Emir

---