southern problem

sruswandi at eudoramail.com sruswandi at eudoramail.com
Fri Jun 21 17:54:44 EST 2002

  I tried to compare the hybridization pattern of my cosmid clone containing genomic sequences of my fungal isolate and my fungal isolate itself for a protein gene( acd).  I double-digested both with HindIII and Pst I and probed it with my acd probe.  I use ALkPhos labelling kit and I use chemiluminescence for detection. As expected, two bands showed in both.  However, the lower band in the cosmid was more intense than the upper band.  And the opposite is true for the fungal genomic DNA.  I was expecting that both should have relatively the same intensity since the cosmid contains sequences of the fungal genome.  Please share your ideas.  Thanks.

http://www.biowww.net/index.php/forum/forumlist/1/