Warren Gallin wgallin at
Thu Jun 27 14:45:46 EST 2002

The Ouchterlony Double Diffusion test is nicely described in a PDF
manual for a commercial kit, that gives all the basics:

It is a relatively cheap, semi-quantitative way of detecting antibody
reactivity, and also can give you information on relative specificities
of different antibodies against a single antigen or various antigens
tested against a single antibody.

Not particularly sensitive, and is based on immunoprecipitation, so only
works with a polyclonal antibody.

Warren Gallin