AFLP-DNA extraction

Lorena Quintero lquinterob at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 1 11:15:59 EST 2002

Hello all,
We are doing a study with AFLP in Caryodendron  genus, it is an
amazonian species. We have assayed various DNA buffer extraction like
Afanador et. al., Dellaporta et al, Porebski et al, Bollard et al.,
Hillis et al. and Biorad without successful, this plant contains a
high quantity of  phenol and other substances, we think that this
doesn't allow us to obtain a good quality of DNA or that it can digest
with restriction enzymes
Could anyone suggest me a protocol for DNA extraction?
I would appreciate.

Thank you

Lorena