Storing dNTPs at -70 or -20?

Duncan Clark junk at
Mon Mar 4 04:28:40 EST 2002

Historians believe that in newspost <3C8117B9.D03863C0 at> on Sat,
2 Mar 2002, Andre Hamel <ahamel at> penned the following literary
>ThanX ... I will post any email responses if they are not posted

You should always store dNTPs as liquid not solid. In solid form,
according to very old Pharmacia catalogues, they undergo a
disproportionation reaction which means you get increasing levels of
dNDP and dNMP at a surprisingly high level (1-2% per week).

I have always stored dNTPs stocks, by the hundreds of mls at 100mM, at
-20C (frost free!) and never had a problem in years.

sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.