Zinc with NTA resin ?

philipp.pagel at cmp.yale.edu philipp.pagel at cmp.yale.edu
Wed Mar 6 13:58:00 EST 2002

"Peter Cherepanov" <peter.cherepanov at uz.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote:
> People, has anyone used Qiagen's NTA resin for Zinc chelation ?

> My reason tells me that since NTA has 4 groups to chelate a metal, Zinc will
> have none left to bind a protein. On the other hand, may be Zn will actually
> only complex 3 of them, because of the requirenment for a planar structure
> of the complex and will still keep 1 valence left ...  (Zinc has a
> coordination number 4)

> .... I will probably have to order an IDA resin.

According to the QIAexpressionist manual NTA "occupies four of the six
ligand binding sites".

And just out of personal experience: Nickel-NTA resin works fine for
purification of His6 tagged proteins - in fact it's probably the most
commonly used technique...

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology        phone: (203) 785-6835