blurry bands on SDS-PAGE

Richard P. Grant rpg14 at yahoo.co.uk.invalid
Thu Mar 7 04:02:37 EST 2002

In article <hUrh8.6$s4.387 at news.uchicago.edu>,
 "Emir" <ekhatipoREMOVE at midway.uchicago.edu> wrote:

> Usual troubleshooting tips for cases like that are check that 1) you don't
> have too much salt in your sample,

That's often a cause of non-pretty gels.

> 2) don't overload the well,

Hmm that shouldn't make them blurry. . .

> 3) pH of your
> sample is 6.8 as that of the stacking buffer... Could your problem be

I'm not convinced that's a problem - I know I've loaded samples which
have turned the loading buffer yellow,  but the buffering capacity of
the gel itself meant they ran OK.  *Good*  sigmonster, have a cookie.

--
Richard P. Grant  0x5F9559B1                         MRC Lab of Mol Biol
rpg 'at' mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk           New:   http://www.rg-d.com/BioLOG/