Zinc with NTA resin

Peter Cherepanov peter.cherepanov at uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Mar 7 08:46:05 EST 2002

>According to the QIAexpressionist manual NTA "occupies four of the six
>ligand binding sites".

and it is for Nickel,  I suppose?

>And just out of personal experience: Nickel-NTA resin works fine for
>purification of His6 tagged proteins - in fact it's probably the most
>commonly used technique...

for His-tagged may be yes, but metal chelation may be used for purification
of very many native proteins (I mean without His tag); literature examples
are interferons (Zn and Cu), hGH (Cu), phosphoproteins (Fe) and so on. Every
such protein preffers a particular metal. Nickel isnt a particularly common
one in those cases ...

(Unless someone tried it already (Zn on NTA), I do not want to waste time).

Peter

---