blurry bands on SDS-PAGE

Richard P. Grant rpg14 at yahoo.co.uk.invalid
Fri Mar 8 08:28:53 EST 2002

In article
<Pine.SGI.4.33.0203072014210.3004554-100000 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk>,
 Michael Witty <mw132 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> > >  The coiled coil refuses to crystalize: incomplete screwing
> > > _might_ be a cause of microheterogeneity.
> >
> > Coiled coils are buggers.  You're better off trying to predict the
> > structure :)
>
>   One of our friends at Daresbury made an "envelope" using small angle
> x-ray scattering which helped a lot in this direction.  Soon to be
> published!

Look forward to it.

<advert style="object:self;attitude:shameless">

http://www.nature.com/cgi-taf/DynaPage.taf?file=/nsb/journal/vaop/ncurren
t/index.html

</advert>

> > > As for my cysteine rich protein: I am learning to despise it.  Mike.
> >
> > *good*, we'll make a protein chemist out of you yet.
> >
> > What colour are your fingers?
>
>   The normal blue colour.  What else?  Mike.

Nice.  :))

--
Richard P. Grant  0x5F9559B1                         MRC Lab of Mol Biol
rpg 'at' mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk           New:   http://www.rg-d.com/BioLOG/