Can I invert labels of LightCycler probes?

Reimo Tetzner reimo.tetzner at epigenomics.com
Thu Mar 14 10:45:28 EST 2002

Hi LightCycler users,
What do you think about inversion of the dye-labels of
hybridization probes? Roche recommends the Fluo-dye at the 3'end of the
anker probe and the red-dyes at the 5'end of the allele-specific probe.
But this defines the direction of the probe: anker left and specific
probe right.

My problem is, I can't design the probes for the reverse strand. So I
want to try to invert the labels: the fluo-dye at the 5'end of the anker
probe and the red-dyes at the 3'end of the specific probes.

Shouldn't that work fine?

Thank you for your help
Reimo

--