Snail cDNA library

Michael L. Sullivan mlsulliv at facstaff.wisc.edu
Tue May 21 08:55:49 EST 2002

I've made a few cDNA libraries using the ZAP cDNA synthesis kit from
Stratagene (no affiliation).  This kit gave me very good results and
I thought was easy to use.  Your cDNA ends up being in lambda ZAP,
which is easily converted to pBluescript phagemids.  I made only one
modification to their protocol, which was to use a Pharmacia SizeSep
400 spin column for doing the size selection step.  The kit calls for
5 ug of polyA RNA as starting material.

I think the kit costs about $1000 US, which includes reagents to make
5 libraries as well as packaging extract.

Hope this helps.

Mike

--

Michael L. Sullivan, Ph.D