gel filtration problem

dustjohn at hotmail.com dustjohn at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 3 01:13:27 EST 2002

Carol Chihara wrote:

> We are using a Superdex column for protein MWs.  The column has a
> habit of working well for one or two runs then when it is closed off
> for a few days or a week it seems to be plugged up.  i.e. we do not
> get a good flow rate (or almost none at all).  Is there something we
> don't know?
> Any help will be appreciated.

> --
> Carol Chihara, Professor
> Department of Biology
> University of San Francisco
> 2130 Fulton St.
> San Francisco, CA 94117-1080

> ---

Hi Carol--if you visit the Bionet proteins section, there are some questions/answers regarding what you ask...my take on it is that the flow rate is reduced due to bacterial growth or due to aggregated proteins sticking to the resin.
Dustin

http://biowww.net/mynews/tree.php?group_name=bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts&begin=0