Real time PCR endogenous controls

Elisabet Einarsdottir elisabet.einarsdottir at ucmm.umu.se
Mon Nov 4 07:15:38 EST 2002

This is the single biggest problem in quantitative realtime PCR!
The choice of endogenous controls will vary completely depending on cell
types...
Applied Biosystems has a ready-made plate with controls to test which one
might suit you. It's not anything close to free however...
Good luck!

<j.m.coxhead at ncl.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:20021104120545.17408.qmail at ww02.hostica.com...

> I'm using quantitative real time PCR to investigate human colorectal cell
lines during the cell cycle. I'm having difficulty deciding on an
appropriate endogenous control. I need a control that is not influenced by
the cell cycle but is different to 18S and beta-actin. Any help or advice
would be much appreciated

http://biowww.net/mynews/tree.php?group_name=bionet_molbio_methds-reagnts&be
gin=0