Biologically active protein purification - from brain

bljaho at bljaho at
Wed Nov 6 16:12:34 EST 2002

Hi there,

Do you know a simple way to isolate biologically active proteins from tissue - in my case brain - to test the extract for a certain protein activity - in my case pol III transcriptional activity? Just plain pol III would be fine right now, but I would also like to test the extract for reverse transcriptase activity later on. I have the vectors to test the activity, I just need a protocol to purify the proteins so that they remain their activity.