Need nucleotide sequences fo probes for Coxsackie A, Coxsackie B, enterovirus and picornavirus

Duncan Clark junk at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Nov 7 04:15:24 EST 2002

Historians believe that in newspost
<29d0898.0211062005.5fc26dc4 at posting.google.com> on Wed, 6 Nov 2002,
Steve Marshall <steve at genedetect.com> penned the following literary
masterpiece:
>Do you know what ever happened to the old PCR primer database that
>used to be hosted by EBI???

I don't :-(

Despite there being links on the EBI web site they lead nowhere.

Google didn't help either.

>While a lot of people now choose to design their own PCR primers using
>the many software programs that are available, I am also sure many
>would prefer the ease and security of using primers validated by
>publication in the literature.

I can't agree more but there appears to be very little out there. One
reason why ABI have launched their Ready-to-Use assays??

>Im surprised no company that I can see has decided to host the old PCR
>primer database that was available on the web.

But where is the data that was in the database?

This site http://www.infobiogen.fr/services/dbcat/data/dbcat_DNA.html
holds a list of all molecular biology databases, but there is no primer
one.

Duncan
they go flying by.

Duncan Clark