round bottom culture dish

David Micklem dmicklem at cmgm.nospam.invalid
Thu Nov 7 08:14:31 EST 2002

In article <1036668177.3dca4d11506a3 at webmail.uib.no>, Jeffrey Keen
<jeffrey.keen at sars.uib.no> wrote:

>Does anyone know of a plasticware supplier who makes a round bottom culture
>dish, say around 15-25 mm diameter. A multiwell format would be best, but
>otherwise any transparent plastic would do. I want something that will allow
>small eggs to collect in the centre, rather than a flat cell culture dish where
>they end up at the edges.
>
>Thanks
>
>Jeffrey Keen

Hei Jeffrey,

Must it be plastic/disposable?  You can get bits of glass with up to at
least 9 depressions (in a 3 x 3 grid) that are used (at least by fly
biologists) for doing stainings. I can't remember off hand where I got
mine, but I would start by looking in the histology section of some of
the bigger catalogues.

If you can't find them and a glass, non-disposable thing would do, let
me know and I'll try and dig out the supplier.

David

--
D.R. Micklem,              Time flies like an arrow...
Dept. of Genetics,          Fruit flies like a banana.