Can a linearized Plasmid DNA ligate inside the E.coli?

Nagarajan Lakshmanan lakshmanan1 at llnl.gov
Mon Nov 11 14:20:47 EST 2002

Dear All,

I have digested my plasmid with Xho1 and verified with agarose gel
and gel purified a single band using Qiagen gel purification kit.
When I transformed this DNA into  DH10B, by electrophoration, I got
several colonies.  FYI, I do not dephosphorilate my vector.  I think
the linearized vector is ligating inside the E.coli cells.  Could
this be possible?  I would appreciate your thought and experience on
this.  Thanks.

--
Naga Lakshmanan
Lawrence Livermore National Lab.