color of loading dye

Mark Dowton Mark_Dowton at uow.edu.au
Wed Nov 13 18:34:38 EST 2002

It's definitely a pH problem.  We add around 40-50 ul of 1 M Tris per ml of
dye to turn it from yellow to blue.  This will also increase the solubility of
the dye.

--
Mark Dowton
Institute for Conservation Biology
mailto:mdowton at uow.edu.au
http://www.uow.edu.au/science/biol/staff/mdowton/markdowton.html

And

Centre for Evolutionary Biology & Biodiversity
Dept Evironmental Biology
Darling Building
Adelaide University  SA  5005
AUSTRALIA