Universal Microarray

biofascination at yahoo.com biofascination at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 18 01:39:54 EST 2002

Dear All,

I am interested in the concept of Universal Microarray. But before I go for it I would like to know about the following points :

1.In Universal Microarray receptor molecules consists of target specific part and tag. Whether it can be generated by tagging one of the primer in the primer pairs in Multiplex PCR reaction for amplifying the Target sequences?

2.Is it feasible to  generate receptor molecule and amplified targets together in a Multiplex PCR reaction?I think that the tagged strand (sense/antisense) will serve as receptor molecule and  the complementary strand will serve as target. These tagged strands can be generated by tagging Multiplex primer for the strand which will form the target specific part of the receptor.

3.Target strand complementary to Tagged strand will have additional nucleotide sequence complementary to tag. Whether the target is subjected to some enzymetic treatment to remove the additional nucleotides or it can be used as such?

4.Is there any software for Universal Microarray?

It would be great to have contacts of researchers working with Universal Microarray.

Thanks in advance.

John Verner

http://biowww.net/mynews/tree.php?group_name=bionet_molbio_methds-reagnts&begin=0