lambda DNA

Zhonglin Chai Zhonglin.Chai at baker.edu.au
Mon Nov 18 21:15:18 EST 2002

Is it possible that the prepared lambda DNA is contaminated with genomic
DNA from the host cells? Did you digest the cell lysate with DNase and
RNase before you pellet the lambda phages and extract the phage DNA?

Zhonglin Chai, PhD

Molecular Hypertension Laboratory
Baker Heart Research Institute
Commercial Rd, MELBOURNE, VIC 3004
AUSTRALIA

Post Address:
P.O. Box 6492
St.Kilda Road
Central Melbourne
VIC 8008, AUSTRALIA

Telephone: +61 3, 8532 1231
mobile : 0413 58 1940, or international +61, 413 58 1940
Fax: +61 3, 8532 1100
email: zhonglin.chai at baker.edu.au

>>> "Ong" <boch19 at pd.jaring.my> 11/19/02 12:47pm >>>
the size of band is around 23kb. How can I ensure that is the DNA or
RNA.
Thank for your help.

Carnac <carnac at realitys-edge.com> wrote in message
news:arai8d$j49$1 at bunyip.cc.uq.edu.au...
> "Ong" <boch19 at pd.jaring.my> wrote in message
> news:ar8h1a$90q$1 at news4.jaring.my...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have extract out DNA from lambda 2001 (with insert), however
later I
> find
> > that it couldn't be cut w/ any enzyme to produce a clear band.
Smearing
> > occur where the original band (lambda DNA) is still there. Any
> > suggestion??????????
>
> Are you sure you haven't extracted out RNA instead?  ;)

The information contained in this email and any attached files is strictly
private and confidential.  This email should be read by the intended
addressee only.  If the recipient of this message is not the intended
addressee, please promptly delete this email and any attachments.
---