genotyping mice or cultured cells without DNA preparation

Peter Ashby p.r.ashby at
Wed Nov 20 07:53:57 EST 2002

In article <20021119195512.5881.qmail at>,
 ung at wrote:

> I think it is a good news for people whose work involves mouse and cell
> genotyping. You could genotype mouse tails, ear punch pieces, yolk sacs, or
> cultured cells without DNA preparation.
> Follow the thread:

95% success? Are you kidding? Come back when you can offer much closer
to 100%. Noone is going to rebiopsy 5% of their mice in a large facility
just because the kit is unreliable.

Peter Ashby
Wellcome Trust Biocentre
University of Dundee, Scotland
Reverse the Spam and remove to email me.