Wiil Glycerine, formaline, create problems for PCR

Wolfgang Schechinger hubahopp at gmx.de
Fri Nov 22 07:45:57 EST 2002

Pandu,

Basically anything that preserves DNA. Maybe ethanol is sufficent, probably
stuff like mixtures from SDS, phenol. BME and GITC or commercials like
RNAlater will do the job, too. There was a thread on that the day before
yesterday in the molbio NG. I remember a thread a long time ago on
preserving DNA from bird blood samples for genotyping where they used
ethanol.

You should be able to find something at http://www.pubmed.org, I am sure
somebody already has solved your problem and published it.

Regards,
Wo

>Dear all,
>
>What is the best way to preserve viral material for PCR?
>
>I have to collct them from the field Veterinarians of India where
>facilities for preservation are scant.
>
>how many days can i preserve vesicular fluid containing virus at 4
>degree centigade to use it for PCR
>yours
>pandu

---