wanted: info on old Spinco rotor

Kyle Legate legatek at mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca
Fri Nov 22 17:06:02 EST 2002

Hi, I wonder if someone with some _old_ lab equipment can help me out. I'm
looking for spec info on the Spinco SW-39 rotor. It holds ~5 ml/tube and
I'm assuming it's functionally equivalent to Beckman's SW-55 rotor, but I
want to make sure before I overspin/underspin all my samples. What I am
trying to do is replicate some data from the early 70s by separating
ribosomal subunits from intact ribosomes on a sucrose gradient. I have the
assay working beautifully in a SW-28 but I'm looking to drastically scale
down. A 3 hour spin vs a 16 hour spin is also very appealing. The paper I
have gives rpm and time for the SW-39 and I'd like to adapt it to the
SW-55. Unfortunately, the Beckman site doesn't have a historical records
section!
	Thanks for any help.

legatek at mcmaster.ca		Kyle Legate            legatek at hotmail.com

   Tower of Tongues:Thursday PM:10:30-11:30 EDT:http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca
    moon musick:ritual:IDM:experimental(electronica):minimalism:glitch