cell transfection with BAC?

D.K. dk at no.email.thankstospam.net
Wed Nov 27 20:44:09 EST 2002

In article <20021127134727.7989.qmail at ww02.hostica.com>, lda at 21cn.com wrote:
>Hi,
>
>It's reported that a 620 kb YAC clone has been stably transfected to human 293
> cells. I wonder if a BAC DNA larger than 160 kb also can be used in cell
> transfection. Any suggestion?

Should be done easily. In the early days of electroporation, more than 10
years ago, there were several papers describing transformation using
viral DNA of ~150 kb and plasmids ranging from 100 to 200 kb.

Your overall transfection efficiency will drop, but that's about it.
Should be true for any method, be it electroporation or lipofection.

DK