Help! ethidium bromide accident!

Peter Ashby p.r.ashby at MAPS.dundee.ac.uk
Fri Nov 29 07:54:46 EST 2002

In article <3DE631E6.2040506 at yahoo.com>, Sergio <yokese at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> D.K. wrote:
>
> >  Third, it is really not a potent carcinogene - there is
> > really no good data showing it has any carcinogeneic properteis
> > on in vivo level (rats drank it on the order of g/kg and were OK).
>
> Any reference about this last subject?? Just to convince some
> ethidium-paranoic coworkers.

I know what you mean I once overheard some coworkers obsessing about it.
The language they were using would have been appropriate for an
infective encysted pathogen. I wear gloves and am careful, but there is
a big difference between that and obsession.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
Wellcome Trust Biocentre