Measuring pH in 95% DMSO solutions?

Duncan Clark junk at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Fri Nov 29 11:34:18 EST 2002

Historians believe that in newspost
<3.0.6.32.20021129163851.007c4b00 at pop.gmx.net> on Fri, 29 Nov 2002,
Wolfgang Schechinger <hubahopp at gmx.de> penned the following literary
masterpiece:
>Since there's no law on how to prepare buffers, is there some common sense
>at least?

I hope I'm wrong but there appears to be an increasing lack of basic
techniques/skills with the newer graduates.

For us 'older' generation folk (Mid-40's if you really want to know) we
didn't have the general kits for everything, that are so prevalent
today. Kits are great and nowadays we wouldn't be without them but you
land up with people only knowing how to use kits and not too much else.

I'm not too surprised because when I look at just how much one now has
to learn to, purely based on how much science has moved on since I
graduated 25 years ago, something has to be omitted. You can't cram all
that extra knowledge plus practical skills into the same three years it
take to graduate.

Duncan
they go flying by.

Duncan Clark